Saturday, October 15, 2005

Where are we?

I think we're still in New Mexico. The other night we spent in Chama, swinging on the porch swing of our B&B and staring at the moonrise like the old married couple we are. Ten years! And we're still together...

Yesterday we spent in Santa Fe, at the Inn at Santa Fe. We sat at the bar, toasting our anniversary (yesterday) and the bartender told us stories of the celebrities who sat in OUR very same seats when they came to town to film. Like Billy Bob Thorton and Adam Sandler. He said Billy Bob is very quiet and very nice. They film lots of movies in New Mexico that are set in Texas. Don't ask me why. I have no idea.

I love it out here, cold and all. Still, the snow is pretty on the mountains but not so nice when you have to shovel and drive through it. As much as I'd like to see it for Christmas again like I did when growing up, I'll take warm sand, Florida surf and the yule log on television instead.

No comments: