Friday, October 28, 2005

FOOD!!!

I heard a rumor the Publix in Boca HAS POWER AND HAS FRESH MILK, LUNCH MEAT AND OTHER GREAT FRIDGERATED STUFF!

And a good wine supply!

My friend and I are headed there tomorrow a.m. Carpooling to save gas. DH spent two hours in a gas line only to have them never power up the station because the yahoos screwed up the generator. Oy.

Tomorrow night my friend is taking our downed tree as firewood, we're roasting marshmellows, toasting each other with wine and doing a "Let's get back to normal" party at her house.

I'm ready. boy, am I ready! And the idea of fresh food has me so damn excited... how weird is that? Today I was ready to grab a free Salvation army meal. I never take charity.

Now I know what it's like to be on the other end...

For dinner, I had canned cheese and crackers again, and I was lucky enough to find some ham frozen since last Thanksgiving. My friend and I had a feast! Dh ate the last of the frozen food I had bought before the hurricane.

Tomorrow is more canned barfaroni, unless I can find some fresh meat. Turkey slices would be GREAT!!! I have gravy, frozen bread, can make HOT turkey sandwiches!!!!

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd be so excited to see a grocery store have fresh food.

http://www.bonnievanak.com

2 comments:

FerfeLaBat said...

But that's the BEST part about hurricanes! The truck fairies who bring realy cool food. Last year they came with stuff I'd never seen a Publix before. Truckers and men with chainsaws ... hurricane hotness baby.

Bonnie Vanak said...

Yeah, the truck fairies! men with chainsaws... and I hear those FPL linemen out there fixing the power poles have bulging biceps and tight butts. Very nice scenery, so I'm told.

I'm so thankful my Dh is so damn handy. He fixed our broken water main, fixed the hole in the roof, cut lots of tree limbs to clear off the roof, and he fixed someone's generator in trade for ten gallons of gas.

Since the hurricane, he's gone into this "commando" kind of mood. ready to protect what's his. It's reassuring, esp. since that yahoo threatened to steal our generator.

And Dh has a very nice butt as well, lol.