Monday, October 03, 2005

I locked Blair up

Yesterday I was doing housework and she tried beating me back into the closet with the mop I used to clean the floor. She insisted on writing. I had a house to clean, a hubby to take care of, dinner for cook for us and my father-in-law.

Blair is admirable for her single-minded devotion to writing. But sometimes she scares me. All she thinks about is writing. She has NO life. She's like a robot in her function. All she knows is push the button, power up the laptop and form words on the keyboard.

If she were a TV show, I'd call her "Desperate Writers." Kind of like Desperate Housewives, only without the sex or fun stuff. Or Bree's nasty, caterwauling mother-in-law. (How DID Rex survive his childhood?)

I'm Bonnie Vanak. I'm an author, a writer but that is not what solely defines me as a person. There is so much more. Blair Valentine is now locked up in the closet. I shooed her in there with the mop, gave her the laptop and wished her luck.

The last thing I heard was a pitiful sigh, followed by these ominous words...

"I'll be back..."

http://www.bonnievanak.com

2 comments:

FerfeLaBat said...

I'm starting to worry.

Bonnie Vanak said...

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I'm taking REVENGE GIFTS with me to read on the plane for vacation tomorrow. If Blair doesn't escape from that closet and I am allowed me to read.

Do they make strait jackets with Disney characters? I'd want one to match my Eeyore PJ's.

Bonnie