Monday, October 24, 2005

it's over



FIL is okay, dh is finally home... friend's house is okay, part of roof is gone.

We have no power. Water is shut off, the tree in the front took out the line.

But this is our house, the back... i can't stop crying... and we can't get the tree off probably for a week. i don't know if it is safe to stay here.

everything is wrecked. the tree my FIL planted on our anniversary is down as well.


And the roof LIFTED OFF of my building at work, there is two inches of water in my work area. Everything is destroyed.

So I don't know if I have a job, either.

Someday, I can look back on this and laugh. Not today. I'm too busy crying. But at least we are all safe. Even the bird.

http://www.bonnievanak.com

8 comments:

Toni Lea Andrews said...

Oh, Bonnie. Your poor house! You may not laugh about it, but you'll write about it and make others laugh. And it will help. For now, hang in there. I'm so glad everyone is safe.

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacey said...

I'm just so glad you're okay, Bonnie!

Stacey said...

Sorry about the deleted comment! I just left out a word and it didn't make any sense, so I fixed it in another comment, not realizing the deleted one would show up like that.

FerfeLaBat said...

Next Time come and stay with me! I updated www.TropicaTimes.com with our latest. It can all be fixed, Bonnie. We got the trees off of our house yesterday and have constructed a large tree pile out front.

FerfeLaBat said...

http:www.tropicaltimes.com -- oy

Mary Stella said...

Oh Bonnie. I feel your pain. Need a break in the Keys?

I'm so sorry you had to experience that awful storm by yourself with a tree on your house.

Folks, Bonnie is the sweetest woman. She invited me to dinner the day before the storm hit because she knew I'd evacuated the Keys for her county! I should have gone and brought you and the animals back to my motel with me and Moe!

Big hugs!

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks everyone, your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Now if I could only find a big chainsaw...

bonnie