Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Good news, bad news


The good news first...

I sold two more Egyptian books to Dorchester. Yay! The Panther & the Pyramid is Rashid's story from COBRA, and no release date yet. The other is the love story between Jabari's son and Ramses' daughter. It's set in 1919 Egypt. Still have to write it, it's going to be fun.

The other good news is Blair's erotic vamp story, Surrender the Night, is coming out in print from Ellora's Cave as part of a vampire anthology.

The other good news is The Falcon & the Dove, my first book, will be published in Spanish next year. Bueno!

Now for the bad news...

Hurricane Wilma looks like it may hit us this Saturday. DH, who is having surgery next week, will be working. It's the same routine, get gas for the generators, stock up on food, etc. etc.

The other good news?

I just saved a crapload of money on my hurricane insurance by switching to Geico.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! YEAH RIGHT!! No one will insure my house but Larry, Daryl and Daryl's Good Ole Boy Insurance Company.

So that's my news for now. Must go watch The Weather Channel... if only I had stock in that channel, I'd be rich.

And living in New Mexico...


http://www.bonnievanak.com

7 comments:

Patti O'Shea said...

Bonnie,

Congrats on the sales and all your other great publishing news! I'm so happy for you!

On Wilma, well, I'll keep hoping she dies at sea, despite what The Weather Channel is saying.

Patti

Larissa said...

Congratulations!!!! That's all just so cool!

And then there's Wilma...I'll keep my fingers crossed that it packs a minor punch wherever it hits. I'm kinda hoping it comes to my house and just finishes the job, because at least then the hurricane insurance would pay. Bastards.

*crosses fingers and says a prayer for Bonnie*

Stacey said...

That's wondeful news!!! Congratulations : )

Toni Lea Andrews said...

I get so excited about the publishing success of publishing success of people I know! As for Wilma, we are in the same (hopefully metaphoric) boat. Stay safe!

Mary Stella said...

Congratulations on the new sales! I loved Falcon and the Dove and Cobra and the Concubine!

Bonnie Vanak said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bonnie Vanak said...

I had spelling miztakes in my last comment, so I deleted it.

Patti, thanks and I hear you have good news as well! Sold two more books! Woo hoo! Major congrats!

Thanks Larissa, keep your fingers tightly crossed. You of all people know the heartache of what can happen in a hurricane. Big hugs to you.

Stacey, thanks! Hope to see you at a future RT!

Toni, thanks! Let me know when your book is due out. I hope you stay safe as well.

Mary, thanks, so glad you liked my books. When hurricane season is over, I'm inviting everyone over for a rum runner and hot tub party. Everyone BUT Jim Cantore and Brian Norcross, lol!

Bonnie