Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma

She's got maybe 6 months. Maybe 12. Bleeding internally.

Do I watch Tia slowly die...? Wasting away...?

Or do I put her through surgery and watch her die on the operating table with a 50/50 chance? Bring her there, afraid, confused, upset and put her through all that pain? (Mom, WHY are you doing this to me? Don't you love me?)

Quick death from surgery?
Slow death from cancer?

Is it better to walk the green mile slowly, rotting away from the inside?
Or quick?

Never wake up?
Or remain awake in slow agony?

My mom had both. The knife, and the slow, agonizing death...Curled up in a fetal position...the cancer munching away her insides... a living skeleton wracked with pain who only got morphine the day she died, thanks to a huge goof by Hospice... (We want to GIVE HER AS MUCH QUALITY OF LIFE!!! AS POSSIBLE WHILE SHE DIES!!!!) (No, you made her live in suffering and pain while I prayed for her to die, please mom, die, so you won't be in agony anymore)

Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
Canine Hepato Cellular Carcinoma

3 comments:

FerfeLaBat said...

Tia? Right? But I thought you already got that diagnosis. I am confused.

Love Ann said...

Truly, one of the hardest decisions that we are faced with as responsible pet owners. They love us unconditionally and depend on us to take care of them. Envisioning life without them is difficult -- looking into their eyes when they are in pain, even more so. My heart and prayers are with you. Remember how joyful she makes you, as I'm sure you will -- forever.

Mary Stella said...

Bonnie, I've been in this position with a beloved pet. When my Bailey's condition began to slowly deteriorate, I remember the vet telling me that she wouldn't tell me that I should euthanize him, but only that I would know when it was time to help him go for his sake. I can still remember the expression in Bailey's eyes when he looked at me on one particular night. The vet was right. I knew. I think you will, too.

My heart and hugs go out to you and Tia.