Friday, August 26, 2005

This underwear feels funny...

Ok, so the lights kept going on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off.

It wasn't any excuse to wear my husband's underpants.

So what if I couldn't really see and thought his freshly washed briefs were my panties? Okay, that thingie in the front SHOULD have warned me. But hell, it was a hurricane and I was scared and distracted, the wind is howling outside, tree branches are whacking the roof, the parrot, in the living room was squawking and the dogs were whimpering ... again... and my husband was at the hospital, working, AGAIN... leaving me alone during yet another hurricane... (how many is this now? Five?) I just wanted to have on fresh panties.

Just in case. Because my mom always told me, always wear clean underwear in case of an accident. And I always listened to my mom. And I figured an accident can apply directly to a hurricane. So as the trees are bending and the rain is pouring, I put on my husband's underwear.

I took them off immediately, of course, as soon as I figured out what happened.

I didn't like the feel of that thingie in the front.

And now it's after the fact, and I still have power. The dogs are fine, the parrot is back on teh patio warbling FU to anyone who listens and I even cooked a lasanga for my husband (who worked 17 hours straight) and my father-in-law (who is staying with us now b/c he doesn't have power).

I just didn't tell him about the underwear incident. It's our little secret, okay? ;-)


http://www.bonnievanak.com

3 comments:

Patti O'Shea said...

Bonnie,

I'm glad you made it through the hurricane all right. I was worrying about you and a few other Florida residents last night.

Patti

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks Patti. Now we all get to worry about everyone on the Gulf Coast. This storm is freaking scary. Anyone who can get out and doesn't and thinks that it's not a big deal has never seen the destructive force of a hurricane.

Bonnie

Patti O'Shea said...

Bonnie,

I've been watching coverage of the aftermath and it's just horrific. The sad thing is that the storm itself isn't the worst part--surviving now falls into that category. People have little or no food and drinkable water, people are trapped on rooftops waiting for rescue, and the water is still rising in New Orleans. I can't imagine living through this.

Patti