Friday, August 12, 2005

Save RWA or the Pain in the Ass bird?

I don't believe this... Checked on Save Toby.com to see how my favorite furry bunny is doing...

And he's getting a book published. By Kensington.

Toby the Rabbit, whose owner has a website to raise money to save his rabbit or he will become rabbit stew, will be famous. In a book. His owner has a book contract.

As it says on the web site, "The book agreement with James and Brian extends Toby's execution date until Thanksgiving Day of 2006. If 100,000 copies of the book SAVE TOBY! are sold by that date, the rabbit's life will be spared. Otherwise, the rabbit is Thanksgiving dinner. The message to readers is simple: Only you can save Toby...the book, to be published in September, is a guide to the ins and outs of Toby, his likes, dislikes, photos, recipes and the story of how he came into the hands of James and Brian."

Okay, I'm going to start a web site. Save the Pain in the Ass Bird.com. If I don't raise $100,000 by the end of the year, or if I don't get a new book contract by then, the parrot is flying to birdie heaven. He's gonna squawk out his last "FU!" to the world.

Hey, if Toby's owner can do it with his rabbit, I can do it with the damn bird. I figure I'll win anyway.

Anyone know any good recipes for parrot stew? Parrot a 'orange? Parrot de jour?


Then again, I realize how selfish I am. If I want to save something that is in danger of dying, shouldn't it be for the betterment of my fellow human beings? (Although killing the parrot would make my irritated neighbors very very grateful)

So maybe I'll do a Save RWA. com site. Hmmm. Something to think about.

http://www.bonnievanak.com

No comments: