Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Look ma! I'm a pretzel!

Finally, I can type. Yay.

Results from tests? I have muscle spasms. Think someone jamming a spike directly into your body, the muscle tightening... that's it. The good news is... cervical disc disease? The neurologist shook her head, said I'm too tense.

Too tense. It's made me do some serious thinking about my life, and what direction I want...

She gave me a script for muscle relaxers, advised wearing the cervical collar when I'm traveling in the Third World, and told me to try yoga. I went to my first yoga class tonight. Unfortunately, they called it "beginner/intermediate" but everyone was advanced. So they are doing these positions in which they twist their bodies and turn their legs and I'm trying to plod along, twist my leg this way and I look like a frantic human pretzel.

In the meantime, I'm testing out a new yoga class later this week. And I have these loverly muscle relaxers which are supposed to make me sleepy so she warned me do NOT use them during the day but I really can't see how they would put me to sleep because I feel...i mean, i'm not sleepy at all, whatz the helz was she talking....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: