Sunday, January 14, 2007

Tiger's getting a new friend!

Her name is Rainy. She's 11 years old, has minor health problems and is very sweet and laid back and affectionate. She's a rescue dog.

DH and I met her yesterday at Shih Tzu and Lap Dog Rescue of South Florida and fell in love. We had agreed we would only get another dog for Tiger, who has been very very lonely, if it were a rescue dog. A puppy? Forget it. Too much. Tiger would look at it and think, "turn this thing off!" He's 12 now and very nervous.

She'll be here at 1 p.m. so I have lots to do. I'll post pix when I have a chance. It's going to be an adjustment for all of us, but I hope a very good one.

4 comments:

KeeWee said...

I just went to the link and found the pic of Rainey...what a cutie and what beautiful eyes...Tiger will love her!! Congrats Bonnie on your new addition!!

Toni Lea Andrews said...

It's always nice to see an older dog or cat rescued! Congrats.

Kristie (J) said...

I'm so glad you found a companion for Tiger. I looked around at the web site and it almost breaks your heart seeing all those adorable dogs that don't have a home. What a good thing you are doing, giving one to Rainy.

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks Keewee, Toni and Kristie. I think she's settling in better because she is an older dog.