Thursday, January 18, 2007

A better day, a healthy dog!


Yesterday was a little better.

Today is even better. FIL is home from the hospital with strict orders NOT to exercise and I took Rainey to the vet. The Shih Tzu rescue people said she didn't need to go right away, but I wanted to play it safe.

Our vet, whom I last saw when we had to put down Tia, is the greatest, nicest vet. He didn't even charge us for this visit. He said she's in good health, and advised to take her to the pet eye doctor. Her tear production is low and her eyes are cloudy. We have to keep her on the U/D food and NOT feed her anything else because of the she's had urolithiasis in the past. (kidney stones). This can be fatal in a pet if not treated. He told me to start putting Vit. B?, have to check what he wrote, in her food, which helps.

He wished he had her records, but other than the kidney stone risk and the eyes, she's fine. Frisky. She barked at the vet's and was NOT a happy dog.

So I bought dry canine U/D and I"m feeding her kibbles of it as treats. She loves it. Just have to watch it so that Tiger and Rainey are fed separately.

Anyway, have to run back to work... tomorrow I'm working from home. I am hoping to get some writing done on the Nocturne book tonight. I am wayyyyyyyyyy far behind on my goal.

This is a photo I took of Rainey, who has claimed nearly every chair in the house. She's eyeing this one as a possible resting place.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Rainey is such a pretty dog! I'm glad she found a loving home with you.