Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Shiver me timbers

Insurance adjustor turned out to be a very nice man. We should get a call in a couple of weeks. He definitely said we need a new roof and the Florida room is a total loss. So I'm a bit hopeful we can get enough money to at least get the roof done.

In the meantime, I'm sighing over this. Pirates in Paradise in Key West. December 2 is the day I'd love to be there for the pirate fair. I want to go! What fun to explore Key West's pirate history! But, sigh, we can't. Guess my pirate dreams must remain contained to corporate raiding, not sailing the wicked seas.

http://www.bonnievanak.com

2 comments:

Mary Stella said...

Oh, come on, Bonnie. With all you've gone through, a visit to Key West could be a great boost. I'm going to the Pirates in Paradise festival one of the days that the event is in town. Probably the weekend after Thanksgiving. Should be fun!

Bonnie Vanak said...

Ah Mary, I'd love to, but alas, it's just not possible. Between dealing with fencers, roofers, insurance people, people giving estimates on removing the rest of our downed trees, and etc. etc., plus Dh having to work extra, we can't make it. I'd love to exchange a Yo and a Ho with you.

Maybe next year!

Bonnie