Sunday, November 06, 2005

Klaatu Barada Nikto.

WE got our cable back today and this a.m. instead of working, I watched THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL.

figured it was quite fitting, watching life stand still in the 1950's while half of my county still doesn't have power.

I was trying to puzzle out the words, "Klaatu Barada Nikto. " For those unfamiliar with this classic movie, 'dem is the words Patricia Neal's character speaks to Gort, the robot, to prevent him from DESTROYING THE WORLD.

Or so we believe.

I think "Klaatu Barada Nikto" can stand for many meanings, depending upon said situation.

For example, if your power is out for 10 days straight and FPL forgot you, it can mean, "Restore power immediately or I shall run amok with my gas powered hedge trimmer and turn my neighbor's greenery into chaos!"

Or, "Will you adjust my cable bill for the days I was without or must I sic my hungry Rottweiller on your billing people?"

Or, "If I have to wait in another 64 hour gas line again, I shall destroy all in my path! Love, me."

Personally, I'd rather think that it advocates peace, love and harmony.

"Klaatu Barada Nikto."

The perfect phrase every South Florida homeowner NEEDS to hear:

"SEND IN THE INSURANCE ADJUSTOR WITH A BIG FAT CHECK!!!"

No comments: