Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Saved by the bra

For our ten year anniversary, DH had given me a small diamond heart pendant on a thin gold chain. I've been wearing it daily, and today went to work with it on.

This morning, I went to feel for it and it was gone. Panicked. My heart is gone, I told everyone.

We're all lined up like a boiler room, computers on tables. Then someone asked, "Did you look down your shirt?"

I peeked down inside my shirt and said in embarrassment, "It's in my bra."Everyone laughed and applauded. My heart was saved by my bra.

Today found out one of our favorite parks to bike ride in is closed until April. It was only 3 miles away from our house, featured large, shady trees, a string of lakes threading through the park. It reminded me of parks I frequented in NJ. Now it's trashed. Sigh...One day at a time. One day at a time.
http://www.bonnievanak.com

No comments: