Saturday, November 05, 2005

My man has 18"

I knew I was in trouble when his car pulled up and he had a gleam in his eye. Following my DH was our friend and neighbor.

DH got out and whipped it out... the 18" that will obsess him all weekend. Our friend's eyes lit up with jealous appreciation.

"Wow," he mumured. "Haven't seen one of those in a long time. You're so lucky."

I had tremendous fear DH would hurt himself. Did he know how to handle those 18"? What about me? All I was used to was a wimpy 12" that barely worked and DH had to really apply himself to get the job done.

But I think those 18" will come in handy, despite my fears.

The 18" is a brand new chainsaw. I stood there like a nervous wife, hand wringing, as they stroked her chaisse and fingered her chain with ooohhs and ahhhs. And then they set to it, cutting up part of the tree downed in front.

Wood chips flew. Dh had a mad grin on his face. The look was there. NEW TOY!

This weekend, we have a date with a chainsaw. Oh boy. I can't wait.

http://www.bonnievanak.com

3 comments:

Toni Lea Andrews said...

Ooooooh, a man with a chainsaw! Is it gas powered? I'm remembering the mingled scents of testosterone and WD40...

Mary Stella said...

Ooooooh, Baby. Gotta love a man who knows how to wield a powerful tool with such skill.

TheTupperLady said...

ROFLMAO!!!

Amoo. :)