Thursday, January 07, 2010

New year, new book to write, new deadline

Happy New Year, everyone.

Because I haven't updated my website in a long while, wanted to keep you informed of what's going on. I won't have a book out in 2010. However, I've gotten the green light to start the next Nocturne, which is called The Shadow Wolf.

If you've read Immortal Wolf, Gabriel is Raphael's brother, the one who agrees to forfeit his life should Rafe back out of the agreement to execute Emily. At one point in the book, Emily meets Gabe and thinks to herself that, despite his charming and friendly manner, he seems more dangerous than Rafe's other brothers, and he hides a dark secret.

She's right. Gabriel is the darkest, most dangerous Draicon. I'm starting on his story this month.

In other news, HOLIDAY WITH A VAMPIRE III received a very new review in the Library Journal. The reviewer said about my story, "Misunderstandings, family issues, and prejudice threaten to keep a vampire and a werewolf apart in Bonnie Vanak's fierce and funny 'Unwrapped.' "

Yay! My first Library Journal Review!

Also, I received an unexpected surprise when I found out that Immortal Wolf has sold out on eHarlequin. It's still available on Amazon and other online sites, such as Barnes and Noble. But there are no more copies at Harlequin.

So that's what's going on with me. If I have any other news to report, it will be on this blog first. With the day job, I'll be traveling to Haiti at the month's end, before elections. It's always a little dicey around election time in Haiti.

Wishing you all the best for the New Year!

No comments: