Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti earthquake chaos

News reports say it's chaos down there, no law, no order, no medical facilities. Info keeps trickling in, the rumor mill, which was always a dangerous source of information in Haiti, is going full stream. I've been trying to monitor news via FB and Twitter and news sources as well as updates from our office as they trickle in.

Still no word on Catherine Hermatin, my friend who lives in Petionville. Or people I know in our Haiti office I've traveled with, or known for years.

There is no heavy equipment to move rubble and free trapped victims. The hotel Montana, the hotel I always stay at when I visit Haiti, is destroyed. People are still trapped in the rubble.

Here is a photo someone posted on Twitter of what the hotel is like now.

If you've been emailing me, I'm fine, thank you for your concern, I'm here in the States. Please continue to pray for the people of Haiti.

1 comment:

EmilyBryan said...

Glad to know you're safe. Are you still going ahead with the planned trip in a couple weeks or is that on hold?

I admire what you do in your dayjob so much, Bonnie. Sending prayers for your friends and co-workers in Haiti