Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti earthquake Day 3



This is me (on the left) and my friend Catherine Hermatin in Gonaives, Haiti, after the hurricane of 2004 when we got stuck in the lake that formed outside the city.

Catherine lives in Petionville with her sister Nathalie. I think Nath works for Coca Cola in PAP. Nathalie Hermatin knows a lot of people in Haiti and I'm hoping someone has heard something.

No one as far as I know has heard anything from her since the quake. She emailed me two hours before it struck, about plans to meet up for dinner at the Hotel Montana.

Now the hotel is destroyed, people are still trapped inside as rescue crews try to free them. And I don't know where Catherine is.

It's total chaos there. We have a team on the ground who reported tent cities popping up along the sides of the road from the airport. Buildings flattened.

If you know Catherine, have heard anything, or have heard from someone who has heard anything, please, please, let me know. I've posted reports on CNN looking for her and the new Haiti earthquake FB page.

Thanks.

No comments: