Wednesday, January 20, 2010

At the airport

Here at Miami International. Got a rude awakening when I was told American Airlines is not allowing ANY overweight baggage to Santo Domingo. Even if you pay. I was 10 lbs overweight, I have baby formula and diapers for a Haiti staff member's child, and other supplies I am bringing. But the ticket agent was very helpful, and I bought a duffel, loaded my carryon and overweight bags into it and my bags were all set to go.

Haiti had the largest aftershock since the quake today. I heard on the news it was a 6.1, 35 miles to the northwest. Sigh...

The plan is I'm flying into the DR, and then hitching a ride on the Food For The Poor convey of trucks heading toward Port au Prince. I'll stay overnight in Jimani, a small border town, and someone will pick me up tomorrow from the Haiti office to drive back to Port au Prince, where I will be sleeping at our warehouse compound.

I'll try to blog if I can get internet.

4 comments:

EmilyBryan said...

Bonnie, my prayers and support go with you. Stay strong.

Colleen Thompson said...

Hugs and prayers winging your way, Bonnie. Bless you.

Anonymous said...

Safe travels Bonnie. I pray for you guys all the time. :)

librarypat said...

Take good care of yourself. At our library I've posted your suggestions for checking out charities. I've also listed 6 or so that I checked out and listed them in order of percentage going to programs. Food For The Poor is at the top.
Good luck.