Friday, October 13, 2006

Anne Stuart


is my hero for this week. I swiped this quote from Alison Kent's blog because it's an inspiration and a reminder of what writing is really all about:

"My New Year's resolution is to focus on the book and forget all the crap that surrounds the writing business. To lose myself in a story, and not give a damn if it makes any lists, has a good sell-through, gets glowing reviews on Amazon, pleases my editors, hell, even pleases my readers. I want to love what I'm writing so much that none of the rest of it matters, and if I don't, I won't write it. Life's too short to abuse the muse." Anne Stuart

I’m itching to read Cold as Ice just because the hero is bi-sexual. I admire Stuart’s attitude in publishing, her guts in writing what she wants to write instead of writing to please the crowd. Plus she adores Japanese rock and she’s 58 years old.

From Publisher's Weekly: "Stuart courts controversy with Jensen's lack of emotion and total body control, allowing him to use sex as a tool for disarming both women and men; her hero's sexual flexibility is bound to turn off some readers, just as it's bound to entice others. Those who take the plunge shouldn't be disappointed: Stuart knows how to take chances, and this edgy thriller shows how well they can pay off."

She writes a blog with Eileen Dreyer and Jennie Crusie about writing THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES. Check out Anne’s profile photo. Gotta love a woman who dresses as a nun and writes bi-sexual heroes. Classic.

2 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

I'm really looking forward to this one too. I know it's getting a lot of buzz from it's unusual hero but I've been waiting for it ever since I finished Black Ice and heard she had another one coming out in the series. And you really have to admire her for taking the chances she's willing to take.

Bonnie Vanak said...

She's the first author I'm reading simply because I admire her so much. I read one of her books and she's a very gifted author. Now must find and read Black Ice. Couldn't find it in the bookstores, darn!