Friday, December 02, 2005

Writing mojo; Haiti missionary kidnapped

My writing mojo is sucked dry. I'm struggling to write. I get so easily sidetracked. The day job, Christmas coming, the wrecked Florida room I shut the blinds against so I don't have to look at it, etc. Plainly put, when I come home from work, I'm exhausted. All I want to do is prepare dinner, eat and watch stupid TV. Not work on my werewolf story.

I'm suspended in writing limbo, a creative inertia. Only instead of remaining in motion, I'm not in motion and I need a very strong force to kick me. I need to focus on what Julie, my CP, said about my WIP. She really liked it and loved Marcus. Very Alpha, very sexy. So why can't I write his story? Why is it when I flip open the laptop and power up the WIP, I stare at the screen and sit there? Maybe it's because the post-hurricane trauma was too much. Maybe it's just trying to establish a regular routine again, even at work. After all we only moved back into our offices this week after Hurricane Wilma flooded them.

Yet there are others who have suffered much worse and THEY write. I admire them so much. Like Larissa. She wrote almost HALF A BOOK for NaNo. Her home was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina. She's living in ANOTHER state with her son while her husband still remains in Mississippi. Talk about trauma! And yet, she's writing!

I need a shot of enthusiasms. I'm expected to have certain enthusiams for the job. Just like DeNiro in THE UNTOUCHABLES. Enthusiasms, yeah. (Before he picked up the baseball bat and bashed that guy's head in).

In other news, a missionary and 11 schoolchildren were kidnapped in Haiti yesterday in two separate incidents. They let the kids go. The missionary is still being held for ransom. He was driving along a road outside PAP, probably National Road #1. Sigh... My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family and friends...

I doubt I'll be going to Haiti anytime soon. Nope. No way.

http://www.bonnievanak.com

4 comments:

Mary Stella said...

I hear you about the creative inertia. Feeling some of that myself these days.

Perhaps that's why I just tagged you for a book meme. Visit my blog for the challenge.

Bonnie Vanak said...

Cool! I'll post it tomorrow. Thanks!

Bonnie

Larissa said...

Awww, Bonnie...it really wasn't that hard to write--probably because I'm away from all the destruction. You're still there! That would be tough.

I have a friend whose house wasn't damaged AT ALL, but she's still having trouble coping, simply because she's still living in the hurricane-ravaged area.

Sending you enthusiasm from the other end of the country! :)

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks Larissa, I finally DID manage to get some writing done and it feels very good to be back in the saddle again!

Now if I can just stick it out for the long ride, lol.

Bonnie