Thursday, August 03, 2006

Turn over the dog

Tia snored so loud last night she woke us up at 2 a.m. and DH had to roll her over. I don't mind, though I'm exhausted. It's music to my ears. For the moment, she's doing really well. Came home and she licked my kneecaps and was bouncing around, so happy to see me. I just hugged and hugged her, and Tiger.

Chris has dissolved into a much weaker blow job. Yay. Now it looks like we won't have to put out an APB for the generator, which is buried beneath lawn tools and a rug in the garage. Or wait to win the lottery so we can afford to buy gas for it. I hope Chris doesn't turn nasty in the Gulf...those waters are very very warm and fuel hurricanes.

Today we talk travel at work. Not sure about Haiti, they're kidnapping missionaries again. National pasttime...sigh...

Did get some writing done last night, about two pages. I got 32 done Monday at the B&B. Nothing else to do! It felt wonderful, all that energy poured onto the pages. I have nearly the first chapter finished of the new Egyptian book and did several pages on the paranormal.

And I really, really like the characters in the new Egyptian historical, which is an excellent sign. Hopefully I can keep up the momentum. It helped that I brainstormed the synopsis on the long drive to Atlanta, talked the book over with my editor, we discussed the conflict, he made suggestions. All this without writing one word, so I didn't have to tear anything apart and start over.

It feels wonderful to be writing again!

Oh, got a very nice note from Elsie Hogarth and a wonderful new book thong. Elsie told me the cover of The Panther & the Pyramid features Cherif Fortin. I'm in awe that she knew that. My editor told me who the cover model was, but Elsie could tell just from the eyes. I can never tell anything from looking at eyes except if they are bloodshot. :-)

Patti O'Shea's new book, Eternal Nights, is finally out! I got an autographed copy at the literacy booksigning and saw the book in BAM the other night. This is the long-awaited sequel to Ravyn's Flight, which I loved. Now if only I had time to read...

No comments: