Monday, August 28, 2006

Hurricane Watch

Officially under a hurricane watch, though Ernesto is a tropical storm. They expect it to strengthen after it passes Cuba. The track shifted eastward, bad, bad news for me. Ironically, I’m supposed to fly out to New Orleans the end of the week. At least they’ll have electricity. Us? Probably not.

DH got gas for the generator, I got food, and water and tonight we’re putting up the storm shutters. My biggest worry is Tia. I am concerned about her health, she’s doing fine now, but stress makes her sick. I have enough food for her. For a dog that the vet said wouldn’t live past June with the cancer, she’s doing pretty good for now. I have enough of her meds. Hopefully Ernesto will be more a rain than wind event. We have a new roof and a new Florida room, and hey, we have only 2 trees left to fall on the house! I’m trying to look on the bright side.

Note to self: buy more rum for blender drinks.

2 comments:

FerfeLaBat said...

This is a weird one ain't it? Kinda creeping me out.

Toni Lea Andrews said...

I'll see you in New Orleans, Bonnie. With the same hopes about the electricity while we're gone.