Sunday, August 13, 2006

To Shannon, the reviewer

I had to post this quick note while I have a minute.

Shannon, there is NOTHING to forgive. Yeah, I'm disappointed you didn't like Panther, but hey, we're all different and a review is an opinion. What one person likes another will not. I respect the fact you posted an honest review and I'm glad you explained why you didn't like the book.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the first three. And thanks for being honest in posting in the review. I've always liked Romance Reader at Heart, and respected your reviews. And that's not going to change just because I got a bad review.

Okay, back to business... life has not settled down, still dealing with the medical crisis from last night, but at this point, I'm getting numb to lack of sleep and dealing with one crisis after another.

On a lighter note, I'm going (I hope at this point) to Heather Graham's Writers for New Orleans Workshop Sept. 1-3. Cherry Adair, Heather, and Christine Feehan will all be there, giving talks and autographing books. I'll be autographing copies of Panther. Check it out if you can, we're raising money to help the New Orleans Library Foundation by auctioning off autographed books.

4 comments:

FerfeLaBat said...

Good lord you totaly bummed that poor reviewer. She may never recover. Me? I would have guilt ;-) Your next book will knock her sox off because ... well ... you've lowered her expectations ... I'm guessing.

Hope everyone is ok there?

Bonnie Vanak said...

Argh, I hope not, I was being sincere. I DO like Shannon's reviews and how she can write a negative one without being snarky and using sentences such as, "I'd rather throw myself into a writhing pit of hungry alligators than read this book," or "I've read better copy on cereal box tops than this book" or "I wanted to throw the book against the wall, but I feared my poor wall would never recover having been touched by this book."

Everyone here is recovering, slowly. I'm trying to focus on positives in life, such as my new washing machine. It can wash 16 towels at once or 16 small dogs, from what the salesman said.

Hope you are still going to Heather's workshop in N.O.

icia01 said...

Hi Bonnie. I know that is book is not out yet but I can hardly wait to read it. I have enjoyed all of the others in the series. I'll let you know as soon as I read it. icia

Bonnie Vanak said...

Hi Icia, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy Panther.