Wednesday, June 15, 2005

King Tut

A friend asked today if I’m going to the King Tut exhibit in December in Fort Lauderdale. I was shocked. The boy king is coming to my area! I felt like a groupie who has just been handed two tickets to her favorite concert. Woo hoo! I can’t go to Egypt, but now Egypt is coming to me. A couple of weeks ago a long-time reader told me she had recently visited Egypt. I was pea green with envy. It’s a dream of mine to visit all the places I’ve written about.

I’m so excited at the thought of seeing the artifacts, though I’m not sure the mummy mask will be there. I’m inspired. I feel a new story coming on… maybe a time travel?

Romance author of Egyptian historicals time travels back to ancient Egypt while at King Tut exhibit and says to the boy king, “Hey, I know you’re not going to die from getting your head bashed in. They did a CAT scan and discovered it was probably an infection and some dumbass did a “whoops!’ during the embalming process.”

Romance author finds herself drinking beer and eating bread as her last meal as the boy king’s minions prepare to chop off her head for treason… and all she has to say is, “This beer stinks. Got a Corona with a lime?” Then she segueways into a WC Fields quote about beer, “’Beer: Helping ugly people have sex since 3000 b.c.’ Is this why you guys drink so much of it?”


http://www.bonnievanak.com

2 comments:

Patti O'Shea said...

Bonnie,

I'm waiting for the King Tut exhibit to come to Chicago! I can't wait to see it. Did you visit the website? They're preselling tickets for Ft. Lauderdale. You can find the info here: King Tut

I hope I did the html right.

Patti

Bonnie Vanak said...

Way cool, Patti! Thanks so much for the link! I got my certificate and I'm ready to buy the tickets. Can't wait! :-)

bonnie