Saturday, August 02, 2008

I am a real person

Blogger finally allowed me to blog again, seeing I'm a real person and not some spam robot.

I'm so relieved this week is over. It's been challenging, personal family stuff going on, stress, etc. But my ARC's for Enemy Lover are DONE, and DH turned on the hot tub for me so guess where I will be later?

I've been going a million miles an hour since last weekend, when I rushed to get The Lady & the Libertine into the mail to my editor. It's time to fill the well a little.

One trick I have learned about writing, when you're working a day job and other stuff pops up that stresses you out, and you find you just cannot write, is to shift gears. Being flexible comes in very handy, but for me, it's a necessity. I could not concentrate to write the proposal I needed to write, so I did promo stuff that isn't writing ... I formatted ARC's and printed them out.

Today it's reading for a little while, catching up on other stuff, and then later today I'll start to write again.

I'll be thinking of Linnea Sinclair tonight, hoping she wins another RITA.

Stay tuned Monday when I'll have a special interview with Emily Bryan, author of the very sensual PLEASURING THE PIRATE.

2 comments:

Gillian Layne said...

You finished your book! Your cover is gorgeous! You have three--yes?--new contracts!

Good heavens, you're making me tired. :)

I hope you have a wonderful, peaceful weekend. I am waiting on pins and needles to hear the GH results for my CP, who's already won the Royal Ascot and the Daphne-historical section--these past few days. She's on such a roll....

Bonnie Vanak said...

LOL Gillian, thanks, glad you like the cover. It's three books, not three contracts, and if it were three contracts I think my brain would implode!

Hope your CP won last night, and congrats to her on her wins! it will be you someday up there receiving an award, I'm sure of it!