Thursday, August 14, 2008

Acheron juice

Blame Carolyn Jewel (My Wicked Enemy, Grand Central). I was blog hopping the other day and she posted about staying up very late two nights in a row to read Sherrilyn Kenyon's Acheron.

Acheron is a book I'm dying to read, but have no time to do so. I have a couple of shorter paperbacks to take on vacation and Acheron is too heavy to lug in the suitcase. Plus I have to write while I'm gone. No way around that. So I told myself that, as a treat for finishing the Nocturne due in Oct., I'll buy Acheron then and read it.

But I couldn't get that book out of my mind and so last night, I had this dream.

I was in Kmart, where I seldom shop, looking at books and they had a very special Acheron display. The book was tucked into a box, and inside the box were two bottles of high caffeine, high sugar juice.

They called it Acheron juice, and advised readers to gulp it down before reading, so they could stay up all night long to read.

It was a very pretty display, featuring this macho, good-looking guy.

I woke and realized, wow, I really DO need a vacation... or I need to buy the book and read it and get it out of my mind...

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I accept the blame, Bonnie, and hope that you are soon able to get your Acheron juice. I suspect when you do it will taste of awesome.

But, the real blame belongs to Sherrilyn Kenyon. But that's OK. I'm taking one for the team here!

Much writing mojo going your way.

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks Carolyn. I need that writing mojo. You're a real trooper, taking one for the team!

Hope all goes well with your writing and with the release of My Wicked Enemy!