Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Contest! and new cover


Here's the cover to next month's BITE, Darkness of the Wolf. This story is about a werewolf imprisoned in a demon zoo who teams with a werewolf-hating woman to rescue a little girl from evil forces.

I love this cover! It depicts Guy, the hero, so well. His wariness, his dark sensuality. I do like this BITE better than my last one. I'm hoping I'm becoming a better writer of short stories. That's my goal this year, anyway.

I'm also running a special contest over at Fresh Fiction.
Check it out here. It's running the whole month of July.

In other news, I'm feeling better, but trying to catch up on everything. In two weeks I leave for D.C. and RWA Nationals. A friend is coming down the first two days of the conference and we'll be playing tourist, then she leaves and it's down to business.

I had thought this RWA would be more laid-back than past ones, but nope. Still, I'm making sure to schedule time with friends I haven't seen in a long, long time.

Now it's back to the two stories due IN ONE MONTH that I have to write. Gulp.

No comments: