Thursday, June 05, 2008

Toonces the driving cat



After hearing that MasterCard is bringing back "Mr. Bill" from SNL in a new commerical, I wistfully thought of old SNL classics.

I miss Toonces, the driving cat, who always drove the family car over the cliff. He started with Steve Martin.

I think Toonces retired to S. Florida. He seems to be everywhere on the freeway down here, talking in his cell phone, or like yesterday, STOPPED in the middle of the SunPass speed lane on the Sawgrass.

Honestly.

This person in front of me just ... STOPPED. They couldn't make up their mind which lane to use. Mind you, this is the speed lane in which drivers do NOT stop and simply go about 40 mph.

I laid on the horn and screamed all manner of lovely things at said person.

Yup, Toonces is alive and well and driving in S. Florida.

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

FerfeLaBat said...

OMG! That is so dangerous and my number one most hated driving mistake. It's happened twice to me where I was behind someone who just stopped. All you can do is wait for the semi- to pancake you.

Bonnie Vanak said...

It was scary as hell. You know how nutty the drivers are here in S. Florida. The other day a teenager drove her car into a house, missing the front door.

Doubt she came to call.

The homeowner had the house on the market and now it's condemned as unsafe to live there. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

I need my plastic Jesus back on the dash, except that I'm afraid I'd poke an eye out...

Carlo said...

Good job! :)