Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Hoping to write at least 1,000 words today and that will make it 4,000 total for the weekend. I think I could have done more yesterday, but spent time rehashing the plot of the Egyptian book, now named The Lady and the Libertine.

Had a good writing day. DH had to work so I sat down with the laptop.

And then later, friends called, wanting me to join them for margaritas, so I couldn't say no. I have a tendency to become a hermit when I'm writing, and I'm determined to break free of that habit and find balance between writing and life.

Today we're taking the FIL out for dinner and maybe out and about, whatever he wants to do. I'm struggling to wake up as Tiger, the older Shih Tzu, woke us up at 3 a.m. Then at 4:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. He's been acting very wonky lately, afraid, restless. I think it's time for another vet visit... he may be losing his hearing and that may be freaking him out.

Dolce, on the other hand, is only 3, turning 4 soon, and he's like a teenager. Filled with energy and then zonks out at bedtime.

We call them Grandpa and Junior.

Ok, time to head to the Dunkin for an iced toasted almond so I can wake up and get cracking on this book, which I am really liking and the hero is turning out to be a real charming and very nasty guy, probably the darkest hero I've ever written.

No comments: