Sunday, June 01, 2008

It's five o'clock somewhere

Great day yesterday. I wrote in the a.m. and then DH and I drove to Jupiter. We went on a boat ride on the Loxahatchee, then for a walk, and then met a friend for drinks at a Tiki bar called The Square Grouper. It's the bar that inspired the song, "It's five o'clock somewhere," by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett.

We sat by the water and watched the Space Shuttle go off. We toasted with our beer and rum punch and said, "Here's to the launch of the world's most expensive toilet!"

Fun times.

Today DH and I are supposed to bike ride in a local park. It's hot, and we'll get some good exercise. I'm not obsessing about writing this weekend, but instead, doing it in spurts and trying to enjoy the days off more instead of cramming in everything and ending the weekend feeling stressed. Yesterday I took the Alpha Smart with me while DH drove, and wrote in the car. Even though this is a story I'm revising, it still worked. I printed out the story and read it over and then wrote the section I wanted to revise.

It worked pretty good, too. Here's to more relaxation on the weekend!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Glad you're finding time to write, but not be stressed out about it!

Sunday is my one day off, and I know I enjoy it to the fullest, here's hoping your day stays relaxing the whole day long :)

Too cool about the space shuttle...

Bonnie Vanak said...

Hey Aimee! Good to "see" you. Good for you for enjoying your day off. Here's to more of it!