Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Title change

Guest posted over at The Good, the Bad and the Unread on the background story of The Empath, my first Nocturne. While you're over there, check out Pamela Clare's fascinating stories about how she spent time in jail. Pamela's new RS, UNLAWFUL CONTACT, is out next month.

Also doing a guest post for RT's blog about the upcoming convention, but I'll be gone next week when that post runs.

Finally, finally! got over a hurdle regarding the new historical. I wrote a prologue regarding the heroine's background and it all ties in well. The hero is turning out to be even more unruly than originally intended. He disregards rules, propriety, morals and is a man with voracious sexual appetites.

So I'm changing the title of The Pirate & the Princess, which is kinda meh anyway, to The Lady & the Libertine. More evocative, especially of the hero.

Up to 16,000 words, goal is 20,000 words by this weekend so I can leave for the DR on Monday (have to leave for the airport at 4:30 a.m, UGH) and not worrying about fulfilling my word count if the trip proves to have little down time.

We received more bad news regarding malnutrition in Guatemala. A child our team met died from starvation and more kids are dying from hunger in that region. God, some days I hate doing this kind of work, because it makes me feel so helpless... I'm just glad we'll be in the DR for bad housing and not starvation next week.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm glad your story is progressing well, selfishly that means I get my grabby little mitts on it faster LOL I like both titles though...

You must have a real love/hate thing with your job, it's so hard for me to see anyone suffer, but at the same time I want to help...
Be safe over there!

Bonnie Vanak said...

Hey Aimee, thanks. You are one of the people who keeps me going when I want to quit!

I'll be fine, it's a fairly easy (cough cough) trip. Have a happy Easter!