Saturday, March 29, 2008

Resisting my rest


This is a pix of Tiger and Dolce, who are now friends. We've nicknamed them Grandpa and Junior. Junior runs amok like a kid, playing with toys, wanting Grandpa to play with him. Grandpa just looks at Junior as if to say, "WTH? Leave me alone, I'm napping!"


Odd week. Left for the DR and had to turn around and almost immediately come home due to family medical emergency. The bad news we feared is not what we thought and hopefully, all will be okay.
So I've spent this week in the office and running back and forth to the hospital, and guess what arrived in the mail?
North and South.
I opened the package, screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" I am at only 24,000 words. Still 6,000 words to go before I can open the DVD and watch.
Maybe tomorrow I will get some writing done. Maybe.
In the meantime, the package is there on the counter, tempting me like an expensive call girl tempting, oh say, a certain NY senator? Hee hee... it's been a long time since I've indulged in a good miniseries.
Only 30,000 words. That's all. Six thousand left to write. My fingers are not fast enough. Not at all.

4 comments:

Gillian Layne said...

Bonnie!

Hurray for the word count! Hurray you're home. Boo that it had to be for any sort of medical emergency; they're the worst.

We have one old cat and two kittens that play the Grandpa/Junior roles to a T. Our old cat hisses and growls at the boys, who just want to play with him. He stares in bored contempt at all their house-wreaking antics, and then at me as though to say, "You rescued them. You get what you deserve."

Aimee said...

Glad you made it home safely Bonnie :)
I have my fingers crossed that your family member is doing well and is going to be just fine.

The pic of the puppies is cute LOL

Did you get your 6k words whipped out so you could watch your show?

Kristie (J) said...

Those little guys are adorable!!
And I'm glad things turned out not to be as bad as it might have been.
And you can get those words done. The reward will be well worth it *huge grin*. Warning though - you will have to set aside MORE than the four hours. You will have to include some rewatch time.

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks Gillian! LOL on your cat. I can imagine how disdainful he is, knowing how much disdain cats can harbor anyway.

Thanks Aimee... nope, not even close yet. Still plugging away. I heard about the loss of your fur baby, Bear. I'm so sorry!

Hey Kristie... as great as an incentive it is, I'm still struggling to write. Crazy weekend, with FIL getting out of the hospital, and then not, and now he is. DH and I have been running ragged. But I have only 4,000 words to go, so there is hope! In the meantime, I am soooo tempted to open the package, it's sitting there saying WATCH ME WATCH ME, lol.