Sunday, March 02, 2008

Writing

Started the next Egyptian historical, The Pirate & the Princess.

Here's the blurb:

An embittered and ruthless English earl abducts a scarred and lonely Egyptian woman who holds the key to finding a treasure-laden tomb.


I think I may have fun writing this one. I really like Karida, the heroine. She's Khamsin, and Ramses (The Tiger & the Tomb) is her uncle. She's considered unmarriagable because she was badly burned across her lower body in a fire when younger.

It's hard switching from Cajun werewolves to Egyptian Bedouin, but I've got my music and I'm motivated. Deadlines are great motivators for me. :-)

4 comments:

Gillian Layne said...

"Embittered and ruthless...."

SOLD! Write fast! (grin)

Honestly, I hope you're feeling better.

Aimee said...

YAY! Another Egyptian historical to look forward to! I really immerse myself in your novels, being a full-blooded sun lover contributes :-P

I hope you are feeling better Bonnie!

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks Gillian! I wish I could write faster. I feel more like a plodding horse trying to plow a field filled with rocks.

Gillian, how did those queries go? Did you send them out yet? Good luck with your writing!

Hey Aimee! Thanks! I hope you enjoy the next one. I am feeling better, thanks for asking, both of you. I have good meds that seem to be working. Better living through chemistry, lol.

Gillian Layne said...

Thanks, Bonnie! I found a glaring error in a middle chapter that needed fixed, and now I'm wondering what else I've overlooked....so thinking of sending our queries early April, so I can let it sit and look it over again.

Better living through chemistry--pharmacy companies everywhere are loving it, too! :)