Wednesday, October 31, 2007

She's gone


Rainey died this morning.

We woke up at 5:30 a.m. and I came into the kitchen and she was dead.

She spared us from having to put her down. My instincts told me last night she was dying. She stopped eating yesterday, and was listless. Kept lying down. I picked her up, held her several times. She seemed to like that, me holding her in my arms.

Rainey died from cancer on Halloween. Tia was gone from cancer just before Christmas. I hate the holidays.

I'm going offline until Monday. Monday Jennifer Ashley and I are starting a new blog contest to help out new Dorchester authors. But for now, I just some private time.

6 comments:

Jennifer Ashley said...

:-( Big hugs, Bonnie.

Gillian Layne said...

I'm so very sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry. It hasn't been a very good year for your puppies. I know how much you love them. They could not have had a better mom. ~ C

Gennita said...

Dear, dear Bonnie,

I'm so sorry about your furbaby dying. My 18 year-old passed this last July and I still miss him everyday. Big hugs to you and know that your baby cherished your generosity in taking her in this past year.

(((Bonnie!!!))) Take care of yourself. Losing a furbaby takes so much out of us and we don't even notice at first.

Ana said...

(((HUGS))) I am so sorry for your loss, Bonnie.

Colleen Thompson said...

Oh, Bonnie. I'm so sorry about your dear pup. It's very hard to lose a fur pal... Hugs.