Sunday, November 04, 2007

Headboard banging sex is annoying

Thanks everyone for your comments, condolences and emails on the passing of Rainey. It's much appreciated.

I'm near Orlando now, spending the night after doing the Romancing the Holidays booksigning. DH was supposed to join me, but had to work. The booksigning was fun. I met the fabulous Ana from RBL romantica, and two readers, Jann and Ellee from Ocala, and lots of other people. I got to spend a little time with the fabulous Linnea Sinclair and her hubby, Robbie. Linnea won the RITA last year for paranormal and has a new book out the end of the month, THE DOWN HOME ZOMBIE BLUES. Check it out.

So I spent the night in Altamonte Springs, because I was exhausted to drive home. Here I am in this cheap motel with cardboard walls and the couple next door is having moaning, groaning headboard banging sex.

I tried turning up the TV. the louder it is, the more they moan. Right now it's the travel channel show on Glastonbury, England and country fairs v.s. OHHHHHHHHHHH, OHHHHHHHHHH, DO ME BABY!

Not that I mind headboard banging sex. But when I'm on deadline with a book, exhausted from driving almost four hours yesterday and doing a 3-hour booksigning, homesick and trying to write a very dark scene involving the hero of my book telling the heroine about his tortured past, headboard banging sex is really annoying.

Such is the glam life of a romance author.

Tomorrow Jennifer Ashley and I are running a month-long blog contest and giving away one book from each of our backlists. Anything the winner desires. Check in tomorrow for details.

AMENDED: 8:43 a.m.

OMG, I saw the couple who was in the room next door having the headboard banging sex at 6:30 this morning. They left their room and walked ahead of me as I went to get coffee. They're, like in their early 70's!! There's some kind of senior citizen get together here, a group of older people.

OMG. I had to bite my mouth to keep from laughing. GO GRANNY!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer Ashley said...

Bonnie: This is hilarious. We so need to see this show up in one of your books. It's too great to let go. :-)

Toni Lea Andrews said...

I've recently started dating again, and have been out on a couple of dates with a guy about my age who is very big on public displays of affection. He was getting a little TOO gropy at a restaurant a few nights ago and a couple of twenty-somethings walked by and gave us a look that was something between horror and amusement.

I hope I'm still freaking them out when I'm 100!

Anonymous said...

You are such a perv I swear! ;-)

~ CC