Monday, April 27, 2009

Tiger is gone



This is Tiger on the right, Tia sleeping on top of him. My fav pix of them. We got Tiger first, before Frank and I married. We bought Tia a year later, after we got married.

I believe they're together again now, playing in dog heaven. Surely there is a heaven for dogs, because they bring us so much loyalty and love.

I went to RT for two days, had a great time, came home yesterday. DH had to go to work. Tiger was having breathing problems, then he had other problems.

When DH got home, I told him it was time. The poor dog was uncomfortable, couldn't walk and it was just time.

We took him in today to our great, great vet, a man who loves animals as much as we do. DH and I just sobbed out in the parking lot, holding Tiger for the last time.

This is the worst part of having pets, having to make that dreadful decision, yet knowing it is right for them because you don't want to see them suffer.

Last night I dreamed of Tia, I still miss her so much, even though she's been gone since '06. I dreamed she came to me, happy and wagging her tail like she used to. She looked at me as if to say, "What's wrong?"

I just looked at her, and said, "Are you happy where you are now?"

And she wagged her tail as if to say "Yes."

Maybe all dogs do go to Heaven. But man, it surely sucks when they leave us, even though you know it's for the best.

Right now, I just can't stop crying. I look around and remember Tiger in "his" chair, Tiger hiding under the bed, his favorite spot, Tiger everywhere. :-(

4 comments:

Lisa Manuel said...

Bonnie, I'm so sorry about Tiger. I'm sure that dear little pooch had the very best life a doggie could hope for. Hugs to you.

Mary Ricksen said...

I like to think that when I die I will be reunited with my pets. I'll have a whole gang of them waiting. And I know I loved them and carried them around and took care of their doggy boo boo's. But when they are suffering you know it. I have to stay with them to the end, which is very hard.
Cry, but if your dog was like mine, neither one of them would want to see you cry. They hate it. You will never forget them. Time will help some and it's so unfair that they have such short lives.
A big hug Bonnie, it will get better. Honest.

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

I'm so sorry, Bonnie. Having made the decision before, I know how heartbreaking it is even though you know it's best. Watching an animal suffer is just horrible.

After having gone through quite a bit of loss last year, someone told me--"*They* are all right. You are the one who's hurting--but they are now ok." That comforted me a little.

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks everyone, it's deeply appreciated.