Thursday, April 23, 2009

Birthday contest!



Today's my birthday!

Two of the best gifts: After Tuesday's scare with Tiger, he's doing OK. He's a real little fighter.

The second one? I made my goal of losing 15 pounds by my birthday! YAY!

So to celebrate my birthday, because I like giving stuff away, I'm giving away a copy of my first book, THE FALCON AND THE DOVE. It's an historical paranormal set in Egypt.

Here's the blurb:

In the 18th Dynasty of Egypt, there was born a love that can never be broken—that of a young queen and a great warrior. And while the warrior's duty to combat the infidel was strict, and though his beloved was the wife of Pharaoh, the two would be separated only by death. But then only for a time. Elizabeth Summers comes to the dig in 1892. English archaeologists have made huge advances, and Egypt's fantastic history is being laid bare. And while Elizabeth doesn't know whether she is the reincarnation of an ancient queen, she realizes that in the arms of a great sheikh she has found her destiny.

Here's a link to an excerpt and reviews.

All you need to do to enter is just leave a comment. I'll draw the winner one week from today.

Tomorrow I'm off to the Romantic Times convention, bright and early. Driving up there and going to listen to Fergie on the way, blowing all the elderly drivers out of the water as I crank up the volume. Heh!

9 comments:

Kristy Herron said...

Happy Birthday! Have a good one ;o)

RachieG said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It's a gorgeous day where I'm at so hopefully you have an awesome day too!! :D

housemouse88 said...

Hello Bonnie,

Happy Birthday!!! Have a good and safe trip.

Just finished reading your story in "Midnight Cravings", "Broken Souls". What can I say but I loved it. Have a great day.

Raven99 said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. Have fun at the RT Convention.

Mary Ricksen said...

I loved that book. It's what hooked my on your writing you know.
Happy Birthday to you, and what a gift a 15lb. loss is hard work. I hope you have a great time at RT, and take a pic of what you're wearing to the Vampire Ball for me!!

donnas said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have fun at RT.

Carrie Lofty said...

Happy Birthday, Bonnie! Have a big big piece of beefcake for me at RT :)

Marie said...

Happy Birthday!
I hope you have a great time at RT :)

Paula said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your birthday and your time at RT were great fun!