Sunday, March 15, 2009

Leaving for Haiti


Sunday. Warm outside, the breeze drifting through the opened windows of the Florida room. I love this room. It's where I do most of my writing, sitting on the flowered couch, looking at the garden. In the summer, it's far too hot, but now, when it's still winter, even when it's warm outside like today, it's lovely.


Sometimes the dogs join me. Dolce will sit on the couch, looking at me to pay attention to him. Tiger, featured here, will lie on the tile, dozing in the sun.


We got some very bad news about Tiger this week. Like Tia and Rainey, the two other Shih Tzu's we had, he also is dying of cancer.

He has cancer of the spleen. So while we were concentrating on trying to save his sight from glaucoma, it was a losing battle anyway. We suspect the cancer has gone to his brain as he's been having seizures.


I can't believe I'm losing another beloved pet to this horrid disease.

So I do what I can. He's on meds to try to make him comfortable.


Tomorrow I leave for Haiti, leaving detailed instructions with the pet sitter, God bless her, she loves animals as much as we do. We'll be in the mountains again, in an area where there are more starving children.

I finished The Savage Wolf, and emailed it to my editor. I'm feeling a sigh of relief that I was able to finish it before deadline.

Next up, are revisions to Unwrapped, then the proposal for the next Nocturne. I have an historical out in two weeks, and the novella in Midnight Cravings. No time to promote these books. I just don't have any energy, either.

I'll be offline most of the week, away from email as I'll probably be without internet access. If I can get wireless, I may post from the road.

Have a good week, all.

3 comments:

Carrie Lofty said...

Bonnie, check your email before you go! I have an opening on UH this Sunday and would love to feature TL&TL.

Mary Ricksen said...

I am so sad to hear about your baby Bonnie, I am a dog lover and I know how you feel. I lost five dogs to
cancer. I often wonder if it's the environment or what. but it hurts to see them suffer in any way. they can't talk but they tell you.
I wish they lived longer. Their lives are so short. When I go to the hereafter, I hope I will have a heard of dogs waiting to see me!

Mary Ricksen said...

Oh, duh!
Have a good and safe trip! Stay well!