Monday, February 02, 2009

On my way to Haiti

Gone all this week.

If I manage to get internet, I'll post from the field.

Look for my upcoming interview at the blog the Good, the Bad and the Unread, coming soon!

And how about the Super Bowl, huh? Amazing. I was rooting for the Cardinals, but wow, Santonio Holmes in that amazing last minute catch! 35 seconds left and he locks his feet together, gets the touchdown as he catches the ball and wins it for the Steelers.

He used to sell drugs on the street in Belle Glade (sugar country) in South Florida. And now he's MVP of the Super Bowl.

He said (according to AP):
"I dared the team," Holmes said. "Just give me the ball, give me the chance to make plays and I will do it for you."

I'd say he's done a great job with the chance he was given. Amazing.

2 comments:

Lou Gagliardi said...

Be careful in Haiti, please!

I don't know if I can read another book from you now, knowing that I supported someone that supported the Cardinals (I'm from Steelers Nation)

:P I tease of course.

Bonnie Vanak said...

LOL Lou!