Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I think I can, I think I can

Getting close.

Second day off of a week's "vacation" from the day job, to finish The Lady and the Libertine. Wanted to concentrate all my efforts on the book and write this week. I'm close, very close.

Right now I'm reading about the Temple of Alexander the Great in the Bahariya Oasis, where the hero and heroine go before they raid the treasure tomb. The temple is mainly ruins, and it's the only known temple dedicated to Alex in Egypt.

The Valley of the Golden Mummies is very close. I'm loosely, very loosely, basing the secret tomb in The Lady and the Libertine on that tomb site. The Valley wasn't discovered until much later than the time period of this book.

I love researching Egypt. Always something new to uncover.

2 comments:

Mona Risk said...

Hi Bonnie, with all the research you do about Egypt, when are you going to enjoy a cruise along the Nile River and visit the ancient Egypt you know so well?

Bonnie Vanak said...

One day, Mona, one day! Maybe you can be my guide and show me everything about your beautiful homeland.