Sunday, February 05, 2006

Adios

Guatemala tomorrow. Frantically trying to pack, get ready. Carpets done yesterday. Dogs eyeing clean carpets with a gleam in their eyes. Uh-oh...

Going to village buried under mudslides from Hurricane Stan last year. Not going to be an easy trip, but you do what you must. I am looking forward to seeing Maria again from Sister Cristina's. It's been six months and I'm sure she's looking much healthier. I bought her an outfit and a little black velvet hat so she can "style." Malnourished kids get cold more than other children. But I'm sure she's quite plump and healthy by now.

Will try to post from the road, as I can, though internet access will be limited.

4 comments:

Juliet said...

Buen Viaje Bonnie!

I'm sure Maria will be happy to see you. I hope you find her much better and that the trip won´t be very difficult. Sending prayers and good vibes from here.

Take care. Que Dios te bendiga!

Mary Stella said...

Be careful and have a good trip, Bonnie. I so admire you for what you do.

Stacey said...

Have a safe trip, Bonnie!

: ) Stacey

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks everyone!

bonnie