Friday, December 26, 2008


No writing done yet. Was too tired, took a nap and had just fallen asleep when the doorbell rang. Dolce went nuts, good boy! It was a stupid solicitor. Grrr.
So instead I am playing with the new computer I got last week, since the old one was running slower than a turtle, and kept crashing. I uploaded a new photo program and found this one from 1975, I think. This is my Uncle Ed and Aunt Sylvia, cousin Regina, me standing behind my brother Drew, and Drew is holding cousin Amy. My relatives from Queens, who visited after New Year's, driving in from the city to our suburban NJ home.
Cousin Amy now has a baby of her own, Regina's three children are either in college or graduated, and Uncle and Ed and Aunt Sylvia are gone. Sigh...
This was our kitchen at the house in NJ. Note the pretty wood cabinets. Mom always polished them. She loved those wood cabinets. They were in such good condition that when we sold the house, 17 years after they bought it, the cabinets looked like new.

2 comments:

Gillian Layne said...

What a sweet picture. Happy Christmas!

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks Gillian! Hope your Christmas was good, and happy New Year!