Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hump Day Hunk


Is the amazing Christian Bale. I saw 3:10 to Yuma last night. Needed a movie that would take my mind off Sept. 11. Wow. I walked out of there feeling uplifted. Rarely does that happen at the movies. It's because Yuma is an old-fashioned Western cowboy movie with real heroism thrown in there, plus enough ambigious gray areas to prevent it being stodgy and preachy.


Both Russell Crowe and Bale were excellent, and it was a delight to see Peter Fonda as well play a grizzled bounty hunter.


If you're in need of a hero, go see this movie. It's got violence, but not gore, just guns shooting and one squicky scene with a fork that I closed my eyes to. But it's worth every penny.


We need more movies today with heroes in them.




On another note, my eyes are doing better. I was on meds all last week and now I'm slowly catching up. I have a book due in 11 weeks, my second Nocturne. Yikes. I'd rather sit here and stare at Bale. Bale me out, lol.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

I have never understood why there aren't more westerns, either romance novels or movies, but I'm a Kansas girl. Done right, it's pretty hard to beat. But maybe it's hard to do right.

And he's quite a looker, indeed. I'm looking forward to taking hubby to see this one.

Glad to know your eyes are better. And best of luck on the new Nocturne.

Kristie (J) said...

Glad to see your doing better. I wasn't sure about this one. I really wanted to see it but didn't see much feedback on it. After reading what you thought, I'll have to check it out! I love Western Romances and with this one and the one with Brad Pitt coming out soon - maybe that will jump start a genre that's been sorely lacking of late :-)