Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Ellora's Cave, what month is this???


This is our beloved Shih Tzu, Holly. Holly has breast cancer (yes, dogs can get breast cancer). She's been going through chemo. Each session is around $500-$700, depending on bloodwork, so I am counting my royalty checks because that is how we are paying for her treatments.

I work a full-time job that pays the ordinary bills, like the mortgage, the electricity, etc. And we are spending the book income on Holly. She was found abandoned in a cow pasture in S. Florida right before Christmas. So we took her into our home, called her Holly for Christmas and proceeded to try to make her life as comfortable as possible and give her as much care as we could.

Yes, we spoil our dogs. We have a soft spot for animals and children. We don't have children of our own, but we have three rescue dogs (including Holly) and they are our fur babies.


Today I received in the mail my check from Ellora's Cave for Blair Valentine books. It was late. And then I noticed something very odd. So I took pictures with my cell phone.

Today is November 4, 2014.

The check is dated September 30, 2014.


The Ellora's Cave check was mailed October 31, 2014.

The royalty STATEMENT is for books sold June 2014.

So....

What is going on?


My Ellora's Cave check won't even purchase a cup of coffee and a tasty ham and cheese savory square from Starbucks. ($8.70). Blair isn't selling any books through Ellora's Cave. She hasn't sold much this year. But this kind of accounting, where checks for books sold in JUNE were mailed in late OCTOBER but the check was cut in SEPTEMBER makes me wonder....




No comments: