Thursday, August 26, 2010

To my readers...


This is a difficult post to write. Earlier this month, Dorchester Publishing announced they are transitioning from mass mark paperbacks to ebooks and trade. For reasons of my own, I haven't said anything on this blog regarding this issue, but today a reader expressed alarm when I told her my backlist with Leisure Books is going out of print. Already on Amazon, my first two Egyptian historicals are out of stock. That's it. When the paperbacks are gone, they are gone.


I thought it best to notify you that if you are interested in getting these books in paperback, it's best to do so now. I have seven Egyptian-set historicals published with Dorchester and the reading order is listed on my website.



As an author who has been deeply proud of her historicals published by Leisure Books, it saddens me greatly to see them go out of print. However, times in publishing are changing, and with change, comes sometimes painful and necessary adaptations. If you have any questions regarding my Egyptian-set historicals with Leisure Books, please feel free to contact me at the email address listed on my website. Thank you for all your support and understanding.

5 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Bonnie - do you have the rights to them and if you do, have you thought of publishing them in the digital eBook market? It is a shame to just seem them gone. But thank goodness I have copies of all your books at least!!

azteclady said...

It seems I was just in time when I ordered the lot of them--and all thanks to you, Kristie!

Ms Vanak, I hope you can find out whether you have the digital rights and then look into releasing them digitally--Patricia Ryan is doing it with some of her out-of-print novels via Smashwords and it seems to be working out well for her.

Best of luck!

Bonnie Vanak said...

Hi Kristie, Azteclady, thanks for stopping by! I hear a lot of authors are doing things with Smashwords lately, or projects on the Kindle. I think I'll either get a Kindle or an iPad in the future.

Gillian Layne said...

I have copies of all of them, and they are my treasures. I hope you do find another home for them with ebooks. :)

Bonnie Vanak said...

Hi Gillian! Thanks, that means a lot to me. Hope your writing is going well!