Sunday, June 21, 2009

Back from Nica


I'm back. It was a very intense trip, 12 hour days, and grinding poverty. These little girls living in the mountains of Matagalpa, Nicaragua, are just a few children we met.

The baby we met in this shack weighed only 5 pounds, and he is six months old. We were with a doctor, and drove the baby and his mom to the hospital ER, a 50 minute drive. He needed immediate medical care or he would die.

I'm also very sick now, because of... what? I have no idea. It feels like a conga line of something is dancing with spike heels in my stomach.

So I won't be blogging much this week, just trying to get better.
Have a good week.

3 comments:

Razlover's Book Blog said...

Welcome back Bonnie!

Oh I'm sorry you don't feel well and I hope you get well soon!

Terri W.

Janet said...

Sorry you are under the weather. :-(

Janet

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks Janet.

Thanks Terri. Hey I saw you read LIbertine. Thanks for the review, glad you liked it.

Have a good week, all.