Monday, May 04, 2009

The Shadow Wolf


This is how I pictured Gabriel, the hero of The Shadow Wolf, the Nocturne I'm writing.

Home for lunch. Took Dolce to the vet; worried about his lethargy yesterday and seemingly upset stomach. He's fine, frisky as ever. Just a precaution, but I'm glad I took him. It was really, really tough. Last week we took Tiger to the vet to put him down. I'm proud that I made it through the vet visit without crying. Instead, I just joked with the vet. Humor is a great defense mechanism.

It was sad, though, coming home to an empty house without Tiger. :-(

Work on the revised proposal for The Shadow Wolf is coming along. I think I can ace it this week and send out. Was struggling with Gabriel's inner conflict and I hit on something in his character that was like, "Whoa, that's it."

It makes for a slightly different ending, but I like it. The heroine is the one who comes to the rescue, not him.

Part of me is sad I'm no longer writing historicals, but part of me is relieved as well. With the craziness of this year, I needed to cut back. We're meeting on travel later today and I think I'll be in Nicaragua next month. I have three deadlines by August. I honestly can't see me with another tight deadline this year. I think I'd go wiggy.

Instead, my goal is to work on what I can control; the writing, and really dedicate myself to doing the best job I can with The Shadow Wolf. I've finally drummed up a little enthusiasm for writing again, which was really needed.

3 comments:

Pamela Clare said...

Help! I'm drowning in drool! He's HAWT, Bonnie. A bit young, but WTH? Slurp!

Joy Harris said...

Sweet mana from heaven / I have every one of of your books / now I have a face to help me when I read the Nocturne - mewlllllllllllll

Bonnie Vanak said...

LOL Pamela. Thought you'd like him!

Hey Joy, thanks for reading my books. I'll have to post Raphael from Immortal Wolf for you. He's cute, too!