Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Is finished? Is it DONE???

yesss, my precious, my precious manuscript, Deadly Touch.

is
finished!

YAY!

I can't believe it.

Well, the first draft, actually, now the editing begins. Still, I have a COMPLETED BOOK.

I wrote 9,000 words today. 36 pages.

Now I have to cut 3,000 more.

I wrote for five hours straight, and took a couple of breaks for a few minutes. Wondered why my butt hurt.

Well, duh, I was in a wood rocking chair, on the laptop.

Took an hour break, had some dinner, took a walk, made a few calls.

Then write some more, determined to finish.

I did.

I'm shocked i was able to finish. And very exhausted. All told, I wrote about 9 hours today. A very productive day.

As a reward, I'm taking tomorrow off, to meet my bro, do a little hiking and some touristy stuff.

Tomorrow night, I'll start the editing, and continue Thursday.

I just might make this deadline after all. I think I can.

I think I can.

2 comments:

Carrie Lofty said...

Congrats!! I'm glad it worked out for you and you get a little break after all your craziness.

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks Carrie!