Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hump Day Hunk


"A large shadow detached itself from a tree and approached. She smelled forest, pine. Nicolas. A band of moonlight caressed his naked body.

Her hungry gaze roved over his powerful chest, the sculpted muscles banding his arms and legs.

“What are you doing out here?”

His deep voice seemed thick and husky. Maggie stood and faced him.

“Waiting for you.”

She knew what would happen. Though she was a little afraid, her instincts urged her forward.

“Are you ready for me?” she whispered.

The dark hunger on his face gave her the answer.

Nicolas held out a hand. “Come inside, Maggie,” he softly ordered. “It’s time. It’s long past time.”

He waited, his palm outstretched. Maggie took his hand as he led her inside. Nicolas closed the door behind her. Turned around, an intent expression marking his face. Dark, hungry. His body taut, coiled energy ready to spring.

A little shiver went through her. He meant to take her. Tonight. Here. Now. He would not be denied his mate any longer. " From my Dec. Nocturne, THE EMPATH. Saw it last night at Books-a-Million. It's out! Also available on e harlequin and Barnes and Noble.

6 comments:

Estella said...

Wow! What a hunk.

Toni Lea Andrews said...

Do you have a secret hunk site I don't know about? Eeeeexcellent.

Ana said...

Okay. Now I feel that I have to THANK YOU, yet again, for this great book! I absolutely loved reading it. Have I mentioned it's my favorite of your books that I've read??? Nicolas is SO YUMMY.

Gillian Layne said...

Whooohooo! Can't wait to go get this! :)

Gillian Layne said...

I snatched it up at Wal-Mart, and am well into it.

It's fabulous!

Bonnie Vanak said...

Oh yeah, Estella. Totally in agreement, lol. Toni, I have a secret hunk site. It's where all my secret hunks wait until I call them forth on the internet. Ana! You are most welcome, so glad you enjoyed it. Gillian, thanks for buying The Empath. I hope the ending meets all your expectations. Let me know what you think when you're done!